Connex Connecticut FAQ
CONNEX™ Connecticut is a online SaaS platform that connects all Connecticut manufacturers and suppliers into a single searchable solution. It allows manufacturers, suppliers and buyers to quickly post and respond to needs, visualize supply chain risk, search for qualified manufacturers, and discover new business opportunities.
CONNEX Connecticut is part of the national supply chain platform called CONNEX Marketplace, which was developed by i5 Services, a U.S. manufacturing solutions company. CONNEX Connecticut is licensed by CONNSTEP, which is providing free platform access for all Connecticut manufacturers.
If you’re a Connecticut manufacturer, there are many reasons why you should join and participate in CONNEX Connecticut. Here are a few of the main reasons:
- Access to a Detailed Directory of all U.S. Manufacturers and Suppliers: This in-depth directory helps you find qualified domestic suppliers with the specific products, services and manufacturing. capabilities you need. You can also use it to find new customers whose needs fit your capabilities.
- Network, Interact & Connect: The powerful interactive networking tools in CONNEX let you find and be found across the local and national supply chain. You can:
- Connect with buyers, primes, OEMs and other qualified manufacturers who have what you need, or who need what you have.
- Participate in OEM purchasing events, matchmaking sessions and industry forums designed to help grow your domestic supplier base.
- Post and respond to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Publish needs or surplus notifications.
- Advertising & Promotion: Every day, large buyers are looking for manufacturers just like you. Creating and maintaining your manufacturing profile allows others to easily find you based on your manufacturing capabilities.
CONNEX makes it super easy to find new contract opportunities. Within the platform, you can view RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and other needs posted from buyers. In addition, based on your profile, you can be notified of all new opportunities that you are uniquely qualified for and have a good chance of being considered for. Many times, these are opportunities that you wouldn’t have otherwise known about however CONNEX finds them for you based on your capabilities, equipment, certifications and more.
There are many unique features of CONNEX that make it different from other platforms:
- Low Cost: CONNEX Connecticut is FREE for all Connecticut manufacturers to use within the state! In addition, it’s only $500/Yr per company location to access the entire U.S. database (with unlimited user licenses per location!)
- More than Just Another Bid-Board: While many other platforms simply offer re-post government bid listings, CONNEX focuses on building long-term relationships between suppliers & buyers by only allowing buyers to directly post their needs on the platform and only suppliers to directly respond. Within a few clicks, a direct relationship is formed.
- Partnerships: CONNEX was built in partnership with over 100 manufacturing organizations across the country, including the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
Yes! With CONNEX, it’s never been easier to visually see your entire supply chain. You can view your supply chain in various ways, identify supply chain risks and see suggested alternate suppliers to mitigate that risk.This information remains confidential to your organization.
Yes! You can use CONNEX™ Connecticut to search thousands of CT manufacturers and quickly find the perfect supplier for your needs. You can also easily expand your search nationally and search for suppliers across the U.S. (see “How Can I Upgrade?”)
Through the sponsorship of the State of Connecticut, the platform is FREE for all Connecticut manufacturers and suppliers! After that, it’s only $500/Yr per company location to access the entire U.S. database (with unlimited user licenses per location!)
Data security is always a top priority! Your data is encrypted both at rest and in transit. No one outside of your organization can see your confidential information without your express permission. In addition, the platform is constantly being updated to meet the latest cybersecurity standards.
Yes, with your permission, CONNSTEP can help and support you to ensure that you get the most out of the platform by helping you:
- Build, optimize and maintain your profile.
- Create & upload your capability statements.
- Post and respond to exchange center opportunities.
- Onboard internal users and set user permissions.
- And more!
To receive this assistance, reach out to us and we’ll explain how you can grant us access to your profile. After helping you, that access can be removed from your profile, as needed.
Right now, the platform is only open to large and small manufacturers who participate as buyers or suppliers in the manufacturing supply chain. The platform is not open to distributors or service providers at this time.
You can find alternative suppliers, view your supply chain, highlight single supplier and financial risks within your supply chain, see companies on government watch lists, and more. You can also find suppliers by searching the thousands of state manufacturers and using filters to find companies with products and services that match your specific needs. For national supply chain connectivity, manufacturers can upgrade to CONNEX™ Marketplace through CONNEX™ Connecticut.
CONNEX Connecticut is a free state-only version of the national “CONNEX Marketplace” platform. Although it’s free, users are limited to only seeing and interacting with other Connecticut manufacturers and suppliers. CONNEX Connecticut users cannot see profiles or posted opportunities in any other state.
Upgrading to the full national access of CONNEX Marketplace is easy and inexpensive. It’s only $500/Yr per company location with unlimited user licenses per location! Upgrading to national access allows users to view, search, interact and respond to manufacturing opportunities across the entire U.S. rather than just Connecticut.
To upgrade your account, you must first create a CONNEX Connecticut account (see below). After that, go to your account and click on “My Subscriptions”. Select to upgrade your account to CONNEX Marketplace and enter your payment information or promo code. Membership can be cancelled at any time.
- Visit https://ct.gov/manufacturing/CONNEX
- Click the “Request an Account” button and fill out the necessary information.
- Watch for a validation email and click on the link.
- Login and complete the wizard to create your company profile.
After that, we will approve your account on our end and you can begin using the system. It’s that simple!
If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at: email@example.com